Pink Oyster Ready-to-Fruit 3lb Block
Out of stock
Prefers higher fruiting temps (70-95°F) than a standard pearl oyster (60-75°F).
Pink Oyster Pins
3 Days from Pins- Young Pink Oyster Cluster
5 Days from Pins- Pink Oyster Cluster before harvest
This product may take up to 3 weeks to ship but most of the time will ship immediately or in 1-2 weeks. Please be aware of the lag before ordering. You will get an email with tracking 1 day before shipping, if you need to delay the order contact MMM ASAP to reschedule the order ship date.
Please see below the instructions for considerations about home grown food products and mushroom spores.
Instructions for use:
This information is specific to Pink Oyster.
- Check your block upon arrival to make sure there are no tears or signs of mold from shipping. If the block has broken into pieces during shipping, gently press the block together and let sit 3-5 days undisturbed before moving to step 2.
- Slice a 1-2″ slit into the bag or a 1″ “X” into the side of the block. Be careful not to cut into the block itself and just cut the plastic. If the block is pinning (see below image), make your cut so the pins are freed and can begin to grow.
- Fold down the top of the bag and deflate the block, tape the top down so that there is minimal room between the block and plastic except where the cut was made.
- Place the Ready-to-Fruit block in the most humid part of your home (not in direct sunlight) or in a grow chamber or grow tent. The kitchen is a good household place in lieu of a dedicated fruiting chamber. Pink Oyster fruits best between 70-95°F.
Search online for easy to make fruiting chambers: monotubs, shot gun fruiting chambers (SGFCs) and tents with foggers/humidifiers are all great options and will likely increase success in fruiting and producing healthy fruits. Even a trash bag with plenty of holes can be used to increase humidity! If the Pink Oysters produced in a fruiting chamber have large stems and small caps, more air exchange is needed.
- 2X daily (or more if your environment is dry) spritz the plastic with filtered/distilled water where the cut was made and look for mushroom “pins”. These are the start of mushrooms! Pins should take ~1-2 weeks to develop from the time of opening the bag- see above image.
- Continue to mist the fruits and plastic while they grow. Pink Oysters are usually ready to harvest ~3-7 days after pins form and should be harvested before the caps flatten out or become concave for tastiest results. If the mushrooms are producing white spores (look for a white dust on the surface below the cap) then it is time to harvest.
- Cut the mushroom cluster from the block and enjoy for your next meal!
- Soak the block in fresh, cold, distilled/filtered water for 1-6 hours while inside the bag (pour into the opening) and then drain
- Put block back into fruiting conditions, you should get at least 1 more “flush” of mushrooms from the block. If pins do not form at the cut site, consider opening the plastic at the site of the largest set of pins for subsequent flushes and sealing the original site with tape.
*CAUTIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS:
IF YOU PLAN ON CONSUMING YOUR HOME-GROWN MUSHROOMS MAKE SURE TO COOK THEM THOROUGHLY. IF IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME EATING THIS SPECIES, IT IS BEST TO START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT TO SEE HOW YOUR BODY RESPONDS!
MUSHROOMS PRODUCE SPORES AS THEY DEVELOP. THIS IS A NATURAL MEANS OF REPRODUCTION FOR THE FUNGUS. THEY USUALLY APPEAR AS A DUSTY SURFACE ON YOUR GROW KIT BENEATH THE MUSHROOM CAPS. PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES OR COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEMS MAY WANT TO CONSIDER PUTTING FRUITING MUSHROOM KITS OUTDOORS OR IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA AS AIRBORNE SPORES SOMETIMES CAUSE RESPIRATORY IRRITATION. SPORES MAY ALSO CAUSE IRRITATION FOR SOME NON-ALLERGIC OR IMMUNE COMPROMISED MUSHROOM GROWERS, THOUGH THIS IS RARE. HARVESTING MUSHROOMS WHILE STILL IN THEIR YOUNGER GROWTH STAGES WILL REDUCE THE OVERALL SPORE LOAD.
Second ready-to-fruit block I purchased from MMM and the care for my order was phenomenal. The block was perfect and produced three beautiful flushes. The growth was extremely aggressive and couldn't wait to say hello. I'll attach pictures of the first flush. I seasoned these and breaded with some Panko bread crumbs and pan fried them. Absolutely delicious. Thanks MMM, for the convenient fresh mushrooms grown right at home!
The block arrived when expected, and got it early into colonization. After mixing up it quickly recolonized the while block. It is currently sitting in a monotub becoming more and more pink by the day. It is growing after just 4 day and can't wait to eat them.
The customer service was flawless, and answered all of my questions. He also threw in a generous amount of freebies. I don't know when I'll next need something; but you can count it will be from MMM.
This block arrived quickly, and it just so happened that I got to watch the mycelium finish colonizing for a bit, which was neat!
The fruits my block produced are beautiful to look at, and even better to eat. They also produce an almost floral scent until you cook them, whereupon they take on a lovely meaty flavor.
What's more, help is available to those who ask around here, I checked in via email and got some helpful tips on how to keep my block healthy. This guy seems to really love working with mushrooms as well as sharing that experience with others, and it shows in the product.
Rock on Mushroom Man, it's always a joy to work with you.
This block is amazing!
Asked to receive the block earlier to watch mycelium growth, and now we're pinning!
Zelle payment was very simple and easy to use, all communication with MMM was as smooth as could be!
Getting this block was awesome, watching the mushrooms grow was fascinating! Beautiful too, and even cooler that I was able to test cook and eat them. The block even shipped out early! I'll definitely buy a block from here again.
I love the color on this mushroom, it’s a fun a vibrant choice for the winter when it’s not so nice outside! I had two clusters emerge on this first flush and it’s very strange one of them was all crunchy and dried up and the other was producing just fine. I am working out a few different things with my set up right now but am still very happy to be growing some beautiful mushrooms! As always fabulous customer service and communication. Thank you MMM.