Pearl Oyster Ready-to-Fruit 3lb Block
Out of stock
Pearl oyster fruits best between 65-75°F.
The culture is so aggressive it escaped the filter patch and started fruiting in MMMs lab!
Grown by MMM
Grown by Happy Customer
This product may take up to 3 weeks to ship but most of the time will ship immediately or in 1-2 weeks. Please be aware of the lag before ordering. You will get an email with tracking 1 day before shipping, if you need to delay the order contact MMM ASAP to reschedule the order ship date.
Please see below the instructions for considerations about home grown food products and mushroom spores.
Instructions for use:
This information is specific to Pearl Oyster.
- Check your block upon arrival to make sure there are no tears or signs of mold from shipping. If the block has broken into pieces during shipping, gently press the block together and let sit 4-7 days undisturbed (ideally in the dark) before moving to step 2.
- Slice a 1-2″ slit into the bag or a 1″ “X” into the side of the block. Be careful not to cut into the block itself and just cut the plastic. If there are trapped mushroom ‘pins’ under the plastic, consider making the cut so they can grow out.
- Fold down the top of the bag and deflate the block, tape the top down so that there is minimal room between the block and plastic except where the cut was made.
- Place the Ready-to-Fruit block in the most humid part of your home (not in direct sunlight) or in a grow chamber or grow tent. The kitchen is a good household place in lieu of a dedicated fruiting chamber. Pearl Oyster fruits best between 65-75°F.
Search online for easy to make fruiting chambers: monotubs, shot gun fruiting chambers (SGFCs) and tents with foggers/humidifiers are all great options and will likely increase success in fruiting and producing healthy fruits. Even a trash bag with plenty of holes can be used to increase humidity! If the Pearl Oysters produced in a fruiting chamber have large stems and small caps, more air exchange is needed.
- 2X daily (or more if your environment is dry) spritz the plastic with filtered/distilled water where the cut was made and look for mushroom “pins”. These are the start of mushrooms! Pins should take ~1-2 weeks to develop from the time of opening the bag.
- Continue to mist the fruits and plastic while they grow. Pearl Oysters are usually ready to harvest 3-7 days after pins form and should be harvested before the caps flatten out or become concave for tastiest results.
- Cut the mushroom cluster from the block and enjoy for your next meal!
- Soak the block in fresh, cold, distilled/filtered water for 1-6 hours while inside the bag (pour into the opening) and then drain.
- Put block back into fruiting conditions, you should get at least 1 more “flush” of mushrooms from the block. If pins do not form at the cut site, consider opening the plastic at the site of the largest set of pins for subsequent flushes and sealing the original site with tape.
*CAUTIONS AND CONSIDERATIONS:
IF YOU PLAN ON CONSUMING YOUR HOME-GROWN MUSHROOMS MAKE SURE TO COOK THEM THOROUGHLY. IF IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME EATING THIS SPECIES, IT IS BEST TO START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT TO SEE HOW YOUR BODY RESPONDS!
MUSHROOMS PRODUCE SPORES AS THEY DEVELOP. THIS IS A NATURAL MEANS OF REPRODUCTION FOR THE FUNGUS. THEY USUALLY APPEAR AS A DUSTY SURFACE ON YOUR GROW KIT BENEATH THE MUSHROOM CAPS. PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES OR COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEMS MAY WANT TO CONSIDER PUTTING FRUITING MUSHROOM KITS OUTDOORS OR IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA AS AIRBORNE SPORES SOMETIMES CAUSE RESPIRATORY IRRITATION. SPORES MAY ALSO CAUSE IRRITATION FOR SOME NON-ALLERGIC OR IMMUNE COMPROMISED MUSHROOM GROWERS, THOUGH THIS IS RARE. HARVESTING MUSHROOMS WHILE STILL IN THEIR YOUNGER GROWTH STAGES WILL REDUCE THE OVERALL SPORE LOAD.
First time grower, these blocks yielded AMAZING results for the first flush, and are now coming around for round 2! Ended up making a delicious stir fry for my whole family which turned out incredible with these mushrooms. Plus, they were VERY responsive and helpful to my emails with newbie questions, which I appreciated so much! I will definitely be buying from them again!
I am beyond thrilled with this block! It arrived super quickly and looks great right off the bat. I let it sit for a few days just to allow the mycelium to recover from its journey and grow a little bit more. It grew a couple pin clusters pretty quickly, and it has exploded with giant monster oyster mushrooms. There’s even a few more clusters developing on the block as I write. I cannot wait to eat these!
Very solid person to order your fruiting blocks from
I'm not the best mushroom cultivator and never will be. Even I could make this one work with the instructions provided either in the box or on this site. Easily got my moneys worth in great mushrooms as well. Much better than at the market.
I recently purchased a ready to-fruit-block of Pearl Oysters and Lion's Mane and this was my first experience with fruiting blocks. I just followed the basic instructions and put them in a monotub, misting a few times a day and they both are doing great so far. The oysters just exploded with growth this week but still need more time but I am harvesting the Lion's Mane today and will hopefully get another flush or 2. This is a great way to get started growing your own gourmet mushrooms and I highly recommend trying it. MMM is great to deal with and is always in communication through the purchase and shipment process. They are my go to source!
Ordering from MMM continues to be a solid customer service experience with prompt communication and reliable products! The pearl oyster ready to fruit bag arrived no problem with no concerns of contam. Placed in controlled temperature and humidity, a few well placed slits in the bag promoted pinning and successful fruiting. Temps in mid 70s, ultrasonic cool mist humidifier running constantly near the spawn bag. A filtered in-line fan on a timer provided fresh air exchange. MMM is a class act who takes their business seriously. Highly recommended for your gourmet cultivation needs.